I got tired of the old, malfuncitoning, (semi)motion-sensing light at my side door, so a little more than a week ago I replaced it with a NEW light! It’s so bright! And doesn’t look at all like I thought it would on my house, but that’s oK, I like it anyway. Thirty bucks well spent!
OLD light vs. NEW light
Played with cement just a little bit before it got cold outside…. and now I have a 70% finished mushroom hanging out in my kitchen….
First, create a plain (if lop-sided) mushroom from a lightweight cement recipe that you just happen to have the ingredients lying around:
Begin attaching “reject” glass pieces around the edge with mortar:
Fill in the rest with pieces of broken and leftover kitchen tiles (these were really fun to smash in to smaller pieces with a hammer —- though next time I think I need to break them in to even smaller pieces):
NEXT UP: grout the cracks & seal the mushroom…… someday when I get tired of having a half-finished mushroom in the corner of my kitchen 🙂
My dad and I went on a road trip to Pennsylvania this weekend. Here’s a picture of what our booth at the Latvian bazaar in Newtown Square looked like: