I’m in the middle of making another set of cards. 5 designs, 8 prints of each. I think that this set will be a little more obviously a “set” than the first set of cards I did this year.
Here’s the first one I finished next to the linoleum block it came from:
I may resort to random on wikipedia for names again….
I’m thinking I might change her name from Pindzele to Pixel. She kind of looks like she’s pixelated *and* she doesn’t really react to any name particularly consistently anyway… so until we get the “come when you’re called” down, I figure it’s still OK to change her name.
I am half done with the grinding stage of the window I’m working on. It’s nolonger safe to walk around in my kitchen w/out shoes on (don’t worry – all food has been moved to be out of range of flying glass particles), but here’s what it looks like when it’s ground down to actually fit together nicely:
Here’s what’s still left to work on:
I’m kind of excited about this project again now 🙂
I’m starting to think that perhaps I’m trying to fit too much in to one month…. especially considering that in the last two months I’ve only finished one of the things on my list :S
….starting in September, I’m narrowing the list of things to accomplish and adding a section of “bonus points for doing _____ ” kind of list. Or that’s the thought at *this* moment anyway…. let’s see if that works or not….
– re-wire kiln
– re-do the patio furniture
– mat and/or frame a bunch of stuff
– begin a woodworking project (a table!)
– paint the 3.5’x7.5′ paintings at D’s (or at least *start* them)
– track down one last ceiling tile painter…. who happens to be my roommate!
– rehab clay & glazes
– get back to creating that window!
— grind down the edges
— wash & dry all pieces
— wrap with copper foil
— burnish the copper foil
— solder the window
— install the window
– play with hot glass